Otherwise known as the “half-finished pile.”
In my half finished pile lie:
- a half dozen garments in various states of completion
- a quarter inch scale New Orleans mansion
- sketches for new alchemical imagery
- botanical illustrations of the garden (watercolor paper purchased)
- a wall painting to complete
- visions of medieval religious icons
Over the past couple of days of feeling moody and irritable about ongoing shutdowns and Mid-May snow, I pulled out the top item on the list, and finished it.
Whoosh a refreshing surge of enthusiasm and inspiration followed immediately.
I got the next item out and started working-
BAM ideas were just streaming in. I had to keep a notebook by my side as a I sewed in order to capture everything.
Think of it as dredging the river.